FON ROUNDTABLE ON HARNESSING THE ENTREPRENEURIAL POTENTIAL OF THE NIGERIAN DIASPORA IN EUROPE
Harnessing the Potential of the Nigerian Diaspora for entrepreneurship and enterprise development
The impact and potential of Nigerians in Diaspora cannot be overemphasized. Nigerians have proved themselves in all works of live across the World.
The size of the Nigerian Diaspora is estimated at 15 million people, scattered around the four corners of the Earth. It is believed that Nigerians are in every country of the World. Nigerians are resilient, dedicated, hard working and enterprising people.
According to the World Bank, the remittances of Nigerians in Diaspora stood at $22 billion in 2017, the highest in the Sub-Saharan region, and the fifth highest in the world. This represents 10 percent increase when compared to the $19.64 billion sent home in 2016.
The US Bureau of Statistics recently stated, following a research, that Nigerians are the most educated immigrant community in the United States. We believe if a similar research is conducted in Europe, the figures would not be too far from what is observed in the USA. The summary is that Nigeria are succeeding in all works of life.
The Nigerian diaspora has produced business leaders and entrepreneurs across all works of life. From Aviation to health care to fashion to luxury goods, etc.
This round table seeks to discuss the opportunities for entrepreneurship for Nigerians in Diaspora with an objective of professing ideas and solutions to increase the number of Nigerian entrepreneurs in Diaspora, as well as to improve and increase the level of impact and contribution that they make to the economy of Nigeria.
Successful Nigerian entrepreneurs in Diaspora will be participating to share their success stories and provide advise to aspiring Nigerian entrepreneurs in Diaspora.
Keynote Address (TBC):
- Hon. Dr. Modupe Irele, Ambassador of Nigeria to France
- Hon. Mrs. Abike Dabiri, Special Adviser to the President of Nigeria on Diaspora Affairs
Panelists / Speakers (TBC) The main discussants to speak during this session are:
- A representative of the Embassy of Nigeria Paris
- Mrs. Anino Emuwa (PhD), Founder and CEO, Avandis Consulting
- Mr. Promise Udekwe, Founder and CEO, CSN Energy
- Mr. Wale Gbadamosi Oyekanmi, Founder and CEO, Dare.Win
- Mr. Emmanuel Igah (PhD), CEO, Phobos
- Maitre Ebenezer Okpokpo (PhD), Professional Lawyer
- Hon. Kenneth Gbandi, Chairman, Nigerians in Diaspora Europe
The session will be moderated by an Executive Board Member of Friends of Nigeria (FON).
Delegates expected to participate:
- Members of Friends of Nigeria (FON)
- Members of Nigerians in Diaspora Organization Europe (NIDOE)
- Nigerian in Diaspora who have made important impact to the French and European economies.
- Nigerian entrepreneurs in France and Europe
- Nigerian students in France and Europe
- Heads of CSOs concerned with Nigeria
- Representatives of associations and non-profits who are concerned with the topic of the Nigerian Diaspora.
Leave A Reply